Oncology Nursing Society symposium set for October in LubbockEllysa Harris September 17, 2021 0 COMMENTS
The Texas Llano Estacado Chapter of the Oncology Nursing Society will host an educational symposium on Oct. 2 titled “Unmasking Cancer Through The Life Span.”
The symposium is for nurses and other healthcare professionals. It’s set from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the McInturff Conference Center at University Medical Center, 602 Indiana Ave. in Lubbock.
The symposium will include several speakers including:
- Dr. Gabriel Axelrud, JACC radiation oncology medical director
- Dr. Mohamad M. Al-Rahawan, pediatric oncology at TTUHSC, Covenant Children’s Hospital and UMC
- Miguel Quirch, hematology/oncology fellow at TTUHSC
- Laura Wood, MSN, RN, OCN, renal research coordinator at Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute
- Tapan M. Kadia, associate professor at University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Matt Jones, an inspirational speaker and cancer survivor
- Barb Bancroft, RN, MSN, NP, author and notable speaker
Attendees could earn up to eight continuing education units through the American Association of Critical Care Nurses. Nurses must attend the entire event to attend the credit.
The symposium will be preceded with an educational dinner program at Las Brisas Steakhouse at 6 p.m. on Oct. 1, the night before the event.
Those interested in can register for the events online at http://communities.ons.org/texasllanoestacado.
Texas Llano Estacado Chapter of ONS is a professional organization for nurses. The local chapter meets every third Monday of the month. Those interested can learn more at http:communities.ons.org/texasllanoestacado and/or https://ons.org.